Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Character Animation



Wow, this assignment took a lot more time than I expected!

I started this assignment by thinking of ideas. Then I shot a few reference videos and planned the scenes based on the references. The next stage was shooting the images. I followed my planning roughly and made some changes when needed.



The objects I chose were kipling's monkey keychains. I had a couple of kipling bags, and each of them had monkey keychain (kipling's signature).

The story that I came up with was two best friends fighting over a girl. However, in the end, they were too busy fighting, and did not realize that the girl they were fighting for was falling over.

The monkeys were hard to pose, even though I had used paper clip, safety pin, and kneaded eraser as props, to help me move the monkeys' arms and stick the monkeys' feet to the ground.


The whole process was approximately ten hours. I'm exhausted, but I'm quite happy with the end result.

1 comment:

  1. I love it!
    Believability & Accuracy: 10 of 12 points
    Creativity: 8 of 8 points
    Three bonus points for excellent "Making of..."
    Total: 21 of 20 points

    ReplyDelete